The IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) is a part of the Indian Railways which provides an online platform for booking train tickets. The IRCTC login also offers various other services like caters food in railway stations and in running trains.
IRCTC ServicesOver the years IRCTC has advanced a lot and focused on providing better services to its passengers. Take a look at the services that IRCTC offering:
- PNR Status: Check whether the wait list train tickets or confirmed or not.
- Ticket and Hotels Booking: Passengers can sign in to the irctc login page and can book hotels, trains and flights.
- Agent booking: Franchise option provided by the IRCTC. Agents can register to the irctc login page and can do bulk ticket booking.
- Ecatering: Advance booking of food
- IRCTC Tourism: Special packages for tourists.
Spot Your TrainPassengers can track the location of a live running train using the spot your train feature. This service initially known as the train enquiry and later changed to spot your train by the Indian Railways. One can track the location of train at spot your train by mytrainstatus.com. Enter the train number and the station for checking the train runnng status.
PNR StatusPassengers who are login to the IRCTC website can check for the pnr status of their ticket. The only problem in checking status in irctc site is that passengers have to frequently login to the irctc site. Passengers can check the pnr status without login and filling captcha in irctcweb. Alternatively, passengers can also check the pnr status at indianrail by filling the captcha. IRCTCWEB also provides checking of the pnr status without sign-in.
Tickets and Hotels BookingPassengers can book train, flight tickets and hotel booking online on IRCTC. To book a ticket login into Irctc website (IRCTC Login Page - http://www.irctc.co.in ). IRCTC offers booking of E-Ticket and I-Ticket for trains. In an E-Ticket, passengers can carry the printout of the ticket or sms received on their mobile for traveling in Train. In case of I-Ticket, Irctc sends the train ticket through post mail which needs to be carried by the passengers when traveling. Irctc also offering cash on delivery for I-Tickets. Passengers can now only book one ticket per session. If passengers want to book another ticket, they need to login to irctc site again. However passengers can book a return ticket in the same irctc login session.
- Tatkal booking: Passengers who plans their journey in a short notice, can book train tickets under tatkal scheme. AC tatkal ticket booking starts daily at 10:00 am and sleeper tatkal booking starts at 11:00 am. passengers has to book the tatkal ticket one day prior to their journey.
- Premium Tatkal: In this scheme, 50% of the tatkal tickets are sold on dynamic pricing (increase of price up to 50%). Lower berths are guaranteed in premium tatkal. Irctc is planning to start booking of premium tickets from 8:00 AM on wards.
Agent BookingIrctc provides agent Irctc login, where agents can book train tickets for passengers. However agents cannot book train tickets during tatkal booking hours.Passengers need to pay extra Rs.10 and service charges for booking tickets through agents.
IRCTC EcateringUnder Ecatering service, passengers book the meals in advance. They can book food of their own choice from a list of restaurants. Only passengers whose tickets are confirmed can only order food under Ecatering. Currently this service is offered only in 100 trains.
IRCTC TourismIRctc Tourism offers booking of attractive tourist packages in its online website, http://irctctourism.com. Tourists can avail the special packages on holidays for booking pilgrim special trains, hotels and flights.
IRCTC UpdatesHere is a list of updates on IRCTC:
- IRCTC doubled its server configuration to reduce the load on the site and to make ticket booking faster
- IRCTC changed tatkal timings as mentioned above.
- IRCTC updated its captcha. Now you will see a strike on the letters when signing into the site.
- IRCTC next-generation website which is lite weight and fast.